Bhagirath Baria

My photo
The Author of this blog has keen interest in understanding Economics and its implications on the Individual and the Economy as a whole. Has been writing articles and analysis of issues that may skip general observation, but exert deep influence on people's lives and their decisions. Discussions and Debates related to conventional as well as non-conventional Economics is done here. The author of this blog doesn't classify himself to any particular School of thought in Economics. He is tilted toward Mainstream Economics, though has keen interest in a few Heterodox schools too. Wishing all the readers a truly enriching experience.

Visitors

Licensed under Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
Rath & Economics by Bhagirath Baria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.rathandeconomics.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.facebook.com/bhagirath.baria.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

"Union Budget 2009-2010" Analysis: Major Drawbacks,

Firstly, a warm hello to all. Here is my Analysis of the Union Budget. Talking by a Macro Level perspective, our Economy is currently facing a 6.8% FISCAL DEFICIT that need to be covered quickly.
As expected by the Economic Survey 2008-09, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee was expected to raise atleast Rs. 25000crores through Disinvestment. But certainly only Rs. 11.2Million has been proposed to be borrowed from the Mammoth Private players. This depicts a strong attack on "short-term" goals rather than "long-term" vision. Thus, here comes the need to raise debt from the Financial Market.
The BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT Pranab babu's Budget has created is Lack of any clear-cut reforms on FDI limits, Financial Sector Reforms, Opening of the Coal Sector to Private players and the most crucial one, Disinvestment of PSUs(Public Sector Units). Still as the Budget Speech clearly stated, "a Single Budget cannot solve all our problems, nor is the Union Budget the only instrument to do so." Thus, as Pranabda told that Disinvestment Policy shall be finalized in the Winter Session of Parliament, we hope to see Disinvestment soon.
Another step that seems good but has no strong effect is the removal of CTT(Commodities Transaction Tax). It was announced in the Budget of 2008-09 by the then Finance Minister P Chidambaram. Its rate was 0.017%(Rs. 17 on Rs. 1Lakh's transaction). Though the entire Commodity Industry expresses its happiness on its removal, I personally feel that it doesn't make any "Revolutionary" move(as was expected). I feel so because this tax wasn't yet implemented also, thus it provides a relief from a "never faced difficulty"! Still I'll discuss other aspects too.

5 comments:

  1. interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understandably your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you dispatch, choice look forward in the direction of more related articles promptly as its sole of my choice issue to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome everyone who want to share their views, oppose mine, argue, agree and disagree with me. Request you to refrain from using abusive language and/or controversial language. Rest, the blog is always open for your views.